IFRS Foundation conference
The IFRS Foundation conference in Dubai will take place on 12 and 13 September 2012.
The conference will feature presentations by Ian Mackintosh, Vice-Chairman of the IASB and other IASB members, senior IASB technical staff, and IFRS experts. The conference will provide an update on the active projects and plans of the IASB. Some of the highlights of the conference topics include the following:
- IASB update — Progress and plans:
- Update on IASB’s future agenda consultation
- Current agenda projects
- Recently issued standards
- Interpretations and annual improvements
- Post-implementation reviews
- Islamic finance considerations in applying IFRSs
- Financial instruments — Replacement of IAS 39
- Eight break-out sessions
- Four special interest sessions (New IFRSs & IFRS for specific situations)
There will also be pre-conference special interest sessions from 9:00 to 12:00 on 12 September 2012 on the first-time adoption of IFRSs and extractive industry issues.