Some key discussion points include:
- IASB deliberations have concluded (barring any sweep issues identified in drafting)
- A Staff Draft of the final IFRS will be available on or around 23 September on the IASB's Website
- FASB will hold a roundtable in Norwalk on 25 October, concentrating on variable interest entities. The intention will be to determine whether to use the IFRS as the basis for amendments to US GAAP.
- The IASB's Investment Companies ED is expected in late September 2010 and will have a 120-day comment period.
- A Staff Draft of the Joint Arrangements IFRS will also be available publicly in late September. The IASB will issue Consolidation and Joint Arrangements together.