Among other things, the Board expressed a hope that its successor would continue work on the projects on:
- business combinations,
- present value,
- reporting financial performance,
- extractive industries, and
- financial instruments.
In addition, the statement suggests two new projects:
- a project on convergence of national and international standards, and
- a new 'improvements project' to clean up relatively minor matters in the existing IASC Standards.
Other possibilities noted for the new Board's work programme include:
- share-based payment,
- narrative reporting,
- inflation accounting, and
- a review of the IASC Framework.