The revised standards mark the near-completion of the Improvements project. The completion of these improved standards brings the IASB closer to its commitment to have a platform of high quality, improved standards in place by the end of March 2004. The IASB has set itself this deadline to ease the implementation of its standards in the many countries, including those of the European Union, that will be adopting international standards from 2005.
The revised standards issued are:
- IAS 1 Presentation of Financial Statements
- IAS 2 Inventories
- IAS 8 Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors
- IAS 10 Events after the Balance Sheet Date
- IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment
- IAS 17 Leases
- IAS 21 The Effects of Changes in Foreign Exchange Rates
- IAS 24 Related Party Disclosures
- IAS 27 Consolidated and Separate Financial Statements
- IAS 28 Investments in Associates
- IAS 31 Interests in Joint Ventures
- IAS 33 Earnings per Share
- IAS 40 Investment Property
The Board also withdrew IAS 15 Information Reflecting the Effects of Changing Prices.
Click here for IASB Press Release (PDF 39k).