Cooperation plan among EU regulators
The Committee of European Banking Supervisors (CEBS), the Committee of European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Supervisors (CEIOPS) and the Committee of European Securities Regulators (CESR) have signed a joint protocol to foster co-operation and coordination in the areas of regulation, policy, information exchange and other tasks with a common interest.
- share information in order to ensure compatible sector approaches are developed;
- exchange experiences which can facilitate supervisors' ability to cooperate;
- produce joint work or reports to relevant EU Institutions and Committees;
- reduce supervisory burdens and streamline processes; and
- ensure the basic functioning of the three Committees develops along parallel lines.