Written representations are affirmations that auditors request from management, those charged with governance, and others, as part of the audit process. The affirmations relate to the financial statements, including internal control, and the completeness of information made available to the auditor, and specific assertions in the financial statements.
The five 'clarity' exposure drafts are:
- ISA 230 (Redrafted), Audit Documentation;
- ISA 540 (Revised and Redrafted), Auditing Accounting Estimates, Including Fair Value Accounting Estimates, and Related Disclosures;
- ISA 560 (Redrafted), Subsequent Events;
- ISA 610 (Redrafted), The Auditor's Consideration of the Internal Audit Function; and
- ISA 720 (Redrafted), Reading Other Information in Documents Containing Audited Financial Statements.
Proposed ISA 540 is a combination of ISA 540 (Revised), Auditing Accounting Estimates and Related Disclosures (Other Than Those Involving Fair Value Measurements and Disclosures) and ISA 545, Auditing Fair Value Measurements and Disclosures. Comments on the exposure drafts of proposed redrafted ISAs 230, 560, 610 and 720 are requested by 31 March 2007. Comments on
the exposure drafts of proposed ISAs 540 (Revised and Redrafted) and 580 (Revised and Redrafted) are requested by 30 April 2007. Click for Press Release