IASB and Deloitte to debate IAS 39 proposals
Aug 01, 2009
On 6 August 2009 Deloitte will be hosting a live webcast challenging the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) on their proposals to replace IAS 39 Financial Instruments: Recognition and Measurement.
- bring you up to date on the IASB's project to replace IAS 39 and their 14 July 2009 exposure draft (ED) Financial Instruments: Classification and Measurement;
- debate the key features of the ED and challenge the conclusions and practicalities; and
- give you the opportunity to put your questions to the IASB Board and staff members leading the project and Deloitte's leading financial instrument accounting experts.
- Webcast topic: IAS 39 – The Sequel
- Date and Time: Thursday, 6 August 2009 from 14:00 to 15:00 London time (GMT +1 hour)
- Presenters: John Smith, IASB Board member; Gavin Francis, IASB Director of Capital Markets; Sue Lloyd, IASB Senior Technical Consultant; Jens Berger, IASB Practice Fellow; Veronica Poole, Deloitte, Head of UK IFRS Centre of Excellence; Andrew Spooner, Deloitte, Lead Financial Instrument Partner