IFRS Foundation appoints members of the SME Implementation Group
Aug 05, 2010
The IFRS Foundation today announced the membership of the newly created SME Implementation Group.
- to develop non-mandatory guidance for implementing the IFRS for SMEs in the form of questions and answers that will be made publicly available on a timely basis; and
- to make recommendations to the IASB if and when needed regarding amendments to the IFRS for SMEs.
Although members of the group do not act as country representatives, the Trustees of the IFRS Foundation have sought to ensure a balanced geographical distribution in selecting its members. The members of the Group will serve a renewable term of two years from July 2010; the chairman is the IASB member Paul Pacter.
- IFRS Foundation press release (PDF 42k)
- Full list of members of the group on the IASB's website
- IAS Plus page summarizing the IFRS for SMEs