18th World Congress of Accountants to be held 8-11 November 2010
20 Jul 2010
The 18th World Congress of Accountants is being held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on 8-11 November 2010. World Congress is the flagship event of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) and the 2010 event is expected to attract more than 6,000 delegates from 157 members and associates of IFAC in 123 countries and jurisdictions, representing over 2.5 million accountants.
The theme for the 2010 Congress is "Sustaining Value Creation". Speakers are drawn from international and national standard setters, accounting organisations, accounting firms, regulators, commerce and other groups. Topics to be covered include:
- Accountants — Sustaining Value Creation in the Borderless Economy
- IFRS Convergence: The Way Forward
- Convergence: The Regulators' Perspective
- Function of National Standard Setters in an International Environment — Is Relevance Lost?
- IFRS for SMEs: Becoming a World Class Player
- Fair Value Accounting - Valuation Specialists in the Corporate Reporting Chain
- The Effect of Shariah Principles on Accounting Methods for Islamic Banks
- International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) Agenda
- Public Sector Accounting: Overcoming the Issues and Challenges
- International Ethics Standards Board (IESBA) — Adopting the New Code of Ethics
- eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL)