Since its inception in 1904, the World Congress has been held every five years since 1977 and every four years since 2002.
The theme for the 2010 Congress is "Sustaining Value Creation". Speakers are drawn from international and national standard setters, accounting organisations, accounting firms, regulators, commerce and other groups. Topics to be covered include:
- Accountants — Sustaining Value Creation in the Borderless Economy
- IFRS Convergence: The Way Forward
- Convergence: The Regulators' Perspective
- Function of National Standard Setters in an International Environment — Is Relevance Lost?
- IFRS for SMEs: Becoming a World Class Player
- Fair Value Accounting - Valuation Specialists in the Corporate Reporting Chain
- The Effect of Shariah Principles on Accounting Methods for Islamic Banks
- International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) Agenda
- Public Sector Accounting: Overcoming the Issues and Challenges
- International Ethics Standards Board (IESBA) — Adopting the New Code of Ethics
- eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL)
More information (including the full programme) is available from the World Congress of Accountants 2010 website. You can find our IFAC page Here.