Near Final Draft of amendments to IAS 19
Jun 06, 2011
The IASB has released a Near Final Draft (NFD) of amendments to its standard on accounting for pensions and other postretirement benefits (OPEB).
- recognition of changes in the net defined benefit liability (asset) including immediate recognition of defined benefit cost, disaggregation of defined benefit cost into components, recognition of remeasurements in other comprehensive income, plan amendments, curtailments and settlements;
- disclosures about defined benefit plans;
- accounting for termination benefits, including distinguishing benefits provided in exchange for service and benefits provided in exchange for the termination of employment and affect the recognition and measurement of termination benefits;
- miscellaneous issues, including the classification of employee benefits, current estimates of mortality rates, tax and administration costs and risk-sharing and conditional indexation features; and
- other matters submitted to the IFRS Interpretations Committee.
Access to the NFD on the IASB's website is for subscribers only. The publication of the amended IAS 19 is expected later this month.