Notes from the first day of the September IFRS Interpretations Committee meeting
Sep 09, 2011
The IFRS Interpretations Committee met in London on 8-9 September 2011. We have posted Deloitte observer notes from the topics discussed on the first day of the meeting, as follows (click through for direct access to the notes for that particular topic):
Thursday 8 September 2011
- IAS 37 Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets and IFRIC 6 Liabilities arising from Participating in a Specific Market — Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment — Use of IFRIC 6 by analogy
- Review of Tentative Agenda Decisions published in July IFRIC Update
- IFRS 3 Business Combinations — Business combinations involving newly formed entities: factors affecting identification of the acquirer
- IFRS 3 Business Combinations — Business combinations under common control
- IFRS 3 Business Combinations — Acquirer in a reverse acquisition
- Agenda decision framework / content — Whether a framework should be developed for drafting agenda decisions given wording concerns raised
- IAS 27 Consolidated and Separate Financial Statements — Group reorganisations in separate financial statements
- Items for continuing consideration
- New items for initial consideration
Note that a late change was made to the agenda to include the discussion on IFRS 8. Deloitte observer notes from Friday (continuing the discussion of new items for initial consideration) will be posted soon.
Click here to go to the preliminary and unofficial Notes Taken by Deloitte Observers for the meeting.