Sustainability and integrated reporting update
Feb 14, 2012
A summary of recent developments in sustainability reporting, integrated reporting and related topics, focused on developments from the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), a report from CPA Australia and a survey from the Carbon Disclosure Standards Board.
The topics are as follows:
- Australian GRI Conference on Sustainability and Integrated Reporting. The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), with the support of the Australian government, is holding its inaugural regional Conference in Melbourne, Australia on 26-28 March 2012. The outcomes of this conference are designed to help inform GRI’s thinking on integrated reporting and the next generation of its Sustainability Reporting Guidelines ("G4"). More information is available at www.australiangriconference.org
- New sustainability reporting requirements in Brazil and India. The São Paulo stock exchange and the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) have recently introduced new sustainability reporting requirements. More information is available in this article from the GRI (link to GRI website)
- Impact of sustainability issues on capital investment decisions. CPA Australia has published a report outlining preliminary findings on current practices around the integration of sustainability issues in investment decisions. The report is available on the CPA Australia website (PDF 1488k)
- Carbon reporting survey. The Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB) is undertaking a survey on the disclosure of climate change related-information under the increasing number of mandatory and voluntary reporting frameworks. The survey can be accessed through the CDSB website
- Reporting guidance for event organisers. GRI has published an 'Event Organizers Sector Supplement' (EOSS) to its sustainability reporting guidelines. More information is available in this article from the GRI (link to GRI website).
Click for our sustainability page.