Notes from the March IFRS Interpretations Committee meeting
Mar 14, 2012
The IFRS Interpretations Committee met in London on 13–14 March 2012.
The topics discussed were as follows (click through to detailed Deloitte observer notes for that topic):
Tuesday 13 March 2012
- Active Committee projects
- Items for continuing consideration
- IFRIC 12 Service Concession Arrangements — Payments made by an operator in a service concession arrangement
- IFRS 11 Joint Arrangements — Acquisition of interest in joint operation
- IAS 28 Investments in Associates — Application of the equity method when an associate's equity changes outside of comprehensive income
- IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment and IAS 38 Intangible Assets — Revenue-based depreciation method
- IAS 7 Statement of Cash Flows — Review of requests in relation to IAS 7
Wednesday 14 March 2012
- New items for initial consideration
- IAS 1 Presentation of Financial Statements and IAS 12 Income Taxes — Presentation of payments of non-income taxes
- IAS 12 Income Taxes — Accounting for market value uplifts on assets that are to be introduced by a new tax regime
- IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment, IAS 38 Intangible Assets and IAS 17 Leases — Purchase of a right to use land
- IAS 39 Financial Instruments: Recognition and Measurement and IFRS 9 Financial Instruments — Term-extending options in fixed rate debt instruments
- IAS 27 Consolidated and Separate Financial Statements and SIC 13 Jointly Controlled Entities — Non-Monetary Contributions by Venturers — Definition of the term 'non-monetary asset'
- Administrative session
Click here to go to the preliminary and unofficial notes taken by Deloitte observers for the entire meeting.