Papers presented at the AAOIFI Annual Shari’a Conference
17 Apr 2013
On 15 and 16 April 2013 the Accounting and Auditing Organisation for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI) held its Annual Shari’a Conference.
Topics discussed were:
- Role of Maqassed Al Sharia (Intents of Sharia) in directing Islamic contracts, Sukuk and products
- Differences between Assets backed securities and Assets based securities
- Relationship between Assets and their inherent risks
- Special purpose vehicle (SPV) and its role in Sukuk structures
- Effects of non-registration of leased assets in lessor’s books from Sharia, legal and accounting perspectives
- Stipulations of Lender’s benefits from loans
- Effect of bankruptcy on restricted investment account holders (RIAH)
A summary of the papers presented has been made available on the AAOIFI website (Arabic language only).