Deloitte releases new and updated e-learning modules
21 May 2013
Deloitte’s Global Audit Learning group has released new or revised e-learning modules on various standards: IFRS 3, IFRS 11, IFRS 13, IAS 1, IAS 16 and IAS 27 (2011). These modules are additions to the extensive catalogue of IFRS e-learning content made freely available by Deloitte.
Each Deloitte e-learning module provides training in the background, scope and principles of each pronouncement, and provides practical insights into their application.
Details of the modules are as follows:
- IFRS 3 Business Combinations — Topics covered include the definition of a business combination, amounts included in consideration transferred, recognition and measurement principles, and accounting for goodwill.
- IFRS 11 Joint Arrangements — Topics covered include the concept of 'joint control', classifying joint arrangements in practical situations, and accounting treatments for joint arrangements
- IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement — Topics covered include the identification of assets and liabilities, market characteristics and market participants, determining the highest and best use of non-financial assets, the measurement of liabilities, appropriate valuation techniques, determining the level in the hierarchy and the correct price, and disclosure
- IAS 1 Presentation of Financial Statements — Topics covered include financial statements, aggregation and set off, classifying items as current or non-current, classifying items between profit or loss and other comprehensive income, items disclosed on the face of the statement of changes in equity, items disclosed, and the notes, nature of information and key assumptions required to complete the set of financial statements
- IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment — Topics covered include the initial measurement of assets, accounting for dismantling costs, depreciation, subsequent measurement of property, plant and equipment and the impact of impairment
- IAS 27 Separate Financial Statements (2011) — Topics covered include when and how to apply the standard, and accounting for investments in subsidiaries, joint ventures and associates in the separate financial statements
(Note: Links above are direct links to each e-learning module. You may be asked to register to access each module - no personally identifying information is requested in the registration process.)
The updated modules for IFRS 3, IFRS 11, IAS 1, IAS 16 and IAS 27 (2011) reflect the amendments arising from Annual Improvements 2009–2011 Cycle and Consolidated Financial Statements, Joint Arrangements and Disclosure of Interests in Other Entities: Transition Guidance. The new e-learning module on IFRS 13 takes about 2.5 hours to complete.
The IFRS e-learning modules are available free of charge and may be used and distributed freely, without alteration from the original form and subject to the terms of the Deloitte copyright over the material.