International Accounting Standards Board
- IASB Chairman Sir David Tweedie has been reappointed to a five-year term as Chairman of the Board. His current term expires 30 June 2006.
- The terms of four other members of the IASB expire on 30 June 2006: Hans-Georg Bruns, Warren McGregor, Geoffrey Whittington, and Tatsumi Yamada. Each of them is eligible for reappointment. However, Professor Whittington has indicated that he is not seeking reappointment.
- Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa, a founding member of the Executive Board of the European Central Bank, will replace Paul Volcker as Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the IASC Foundation, effective 1 January 2006.
- In addition to Mr. Padoa-Schioppa, the following new Trustees have been appointed:
- Marvin Cheung, retired Chairman of KPMG Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, People's Republic of China
- Samuel DiPiazza, CEO, PricewaterhouseCoopers, United States
- Liu Zhongli, President, Chinese Institute of Certified Public Accountants; former Minister, Ministry of Finance, People's Republic of China
- William McDonough, former Chairman, US Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, United States; former President, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Sir Bryan Nicholson, outgoing Chairman, Financial Reporting Council, United Kingdom
- T. V. Mohandas Pai, Member of the Board and Chief Financial Officer, Infosys Technologies Limited; Chairman of the Board, Progeon Limited, India
- Junichi Ujiie, Chairman, Nomura Holdings Inc, Japan.
- Max Dietrich Kley, a member of the Supervisory Board of BASF AG and a current IASCF trustee, has been reappointed as an IASCF trustee for a three-year term.
- After these appointments and reappointment, one of the 22 Trustee positions remains vacant, and the Trustees are now completing arrangements to fill that vacancy. When the final position is filled, there will be eight Trustees from Europe, six from North America (four from the United States), six from the Asia/Oceania region, and one each from Africa and South America.