New learning guide available for FASB Codification
23 Mar 2012
The US Financial Accounting Foundation has published a new learning guide for the FASB Accounting Standards Codification that is complimentary to all subscribers.
The Learning Guide for the Codification Research System is part of an ongoing improvement process for the FASB Accounting Standards Codification® research system platform. This guide is complimentary to all subscribers (Professional, Academic, and Basic View) and is available at http://asc.fasb.org.
The learning guide incorporates a "learning by doing approach" by including real-life scenarios, work-related tasks and exercises to reinforce learning. The chapters in the guide are as follows:
- Getting Started with the Codification
- Navigating the Codification
- Working with Section-Level Content
- Understanding the Scope of Guidance
- Citing Codification Content
- Working with Research Results
- Working with Pending Content
- Working with Archived Content
- Working with Glossaries
- Working with Nonauthoritative Content
- Searching: Fundamental Techniques
- Searching: Advanced Techniques
- Keeping Track of Changes to the Codification
- Cross-Referencing Codification Content and Its Sources
- Assembling Content for Greater Efficiency
- Working with XBRL Elements
- Providing Feedback on the Codification.