IAS Plus newsletter - IASB releases omnibus exposure draft of annual improvements
On 26 August 2009, the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) published for public comment an omnibus exposure draft (ED) ED/2009/11 Improvements to IFRSs (Proposed amendments to International Financial Reporting Standards). The IASB has requested comments on the proposals by 24 November 2009.
The IASB’s annual improvements process is designed to deal with non-urgent but necessary amendments to Standards, focussing on areas of inconsistency in Standards and where clarification of wording is required.
The ED includes proposals for 15 separate amendments which would affect 10 different Standards and one IFRIC Interpretation, as summarised in the table in the attached document.
- IAS 1 — Presentation of Financial Statements
- IAS 8 — Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors
- IAS 27 — Consolidated and Separate Financial Statements (2008)
- IAS 28 — Investments in Associates (2003)
- IAS 34 — Interim Financial Reporting
- IAS 40 — Investment Property
- IFRS 1 — First-time Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards
- IFRS 3 — Business Combinations
- IFRS 5 — Non-current Assets Held for Sale and Discontinued Operations
- IFRS 7 — Financial Instruments: Disclosures
- IFRIC 13 — Customer Loyalty Programmes