Accounting Roundup: January 2012
This issue of Accounting Roundup features articles on:
- The FASB's and IASB's continued progress on their financial instruments project, including their (1) agreement to jointly deliberate classification and measurement and (2) ongoing discussions of impairment
- The FASB's proposed Accounting Standards Update on impairment testing of indefinite-lived intangible assets
- International economic events that may affect public entities: the SEC's guidance on disclosures about European sovereign debt exposures and the International Practices Task Force's discussion of the disclosure impacts of highly inflationary economies
- The FAF‘s post-implementation review report on the effectiveness of FASB Interpretation No. 48, Accounting for Uncertainty in Income Taxes
- The AICPA’s Technical Practice Aids on certain accounting and disclosure topics related to financial statements for health and welfare plans.