Group of Latin American Accounting Standard Setters (GLASS)
The Grupo Latinoamericano de Emisores Standards Información Financiera (GLENIF), or Group of Latin American Accounting Standard Setters (GLASS), is a regional organisation formed from standard-setters in the Latin-American region.
The group was established in June 2011 and has standard-setter members from the following jurisdictions: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
The objectives of GLASS include:
- Interacting with IASB by providing technical input to all documents published for comments
- Promoting the adoption and/or convergence with IFRSs in the region as well as their consistent application
- Cooperating with governments, regulators and other regional, national and international organisations in contributing to the improvement of quality of financial statements
- Collaborating in the dissemination of the standards issued by IASB in the region, particularly in member countries
- Providing proposals for the IASB agenda, and coordinating its alignment with that of the region
- Taking part in the technical meetings of the National Standard-Setters and World Standard-Setters, as appropriate, respecting the national sovereignty of each member country participating in both groups
- Interacting with other organisations in Latin America, such as the Union of South American Nations, the Southern Common Market and the Andean Community, on issues related to accounting standards.