IFRIC 8 — Scope of IFRS 2
- IFRS 2 Share-based Payment
- IFRIC D16 Issued 19 May 2005
- Comment Deadline 18 July 2005
- Click for Press Release (PDF 22k).
- IFRIC 8 Issued 12 January 2006. Click for Press Release (PDF 59k).
- Effective Date of IFRIC 8: Annual periods beginning on or after 1 May 2006
- Withdrawn and replaced by 18 June 2009 Amendments to IFRS 2 effective 1 January 2010
Summary of IFRIC 8
IFRIC 8 Scope of IFRS 2 clarifies that IFRS 2 applies to arrangements where an entity makes share-based payments for apparently nil or inadequate consideration.
IFRIC 8 explains that, if the identifiable consideration given appears to be less than the fair value of the equity instruments granted or liability incurred, this situation typically indicates that other consideration has been or will be received. IFRS 2 therefore applies.
IFRIC 8 is effective for annual periods beginning on or after 1 May 2006. Earlier application is encouraged.