Audit Committee Brief — April 2017
This issue includes highlights on the following topics:
- 2016 Board Practices Report: A transparent look at the work of the board.
- Survey highlights added value from financial statement audits.
- SEC chief accountant remarks on the role and effectiveness of audit committees.
- CAQ releases updated external auditor assessment tool.
- Suggestions for improved audit committees and audit quality is report’s focus.
- Report addresses challenges for subjective, complex accounting areas.
- Data analytics shapes how internal auditors apply their skills.
- SEC emphasizes its continued focus on the new revenue standard.
- Adopting the new revenue standard — Where do companies stand?
- Federal court remands conflict minerals case to SEC.