This site uses cookies to provide you with a more responsive and personalised service. By using this site you agree to our use of cookies. Please read our cookie notice for more information on the cookies we use and how to delete or block them.
The full functionality of our site is not supported on your browser version, or you may have 'compatibility mode' selected. Please turn off compatibility mode, upgrade your browser to at least Internet Explorer 9, or try using another browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Reporting by audit firms begins 31 December

  • PCAOB (US Public Company Accounting Oversight Board) (dark gray) Image

25 Nov 2009

In our news stories of 15 August 2009 and 1 October 2009 we reported that the US Public Company Accounting Oversight Board has adopted rules that require registered public accounting firms (domestic and foreign) to report to the PCAOB about certain specified events (starting with events occurring 31 December 2009) and also to file annual reports (with the first annual reports due 30 June 2010).

The PCAOB has now released Sample Forms and Other Details (link to PCAOB website). There are currently 2,261 audit firms registered with the PCAOB. Of those, 1,336 (59%) are US firms and the remaining 41% are foreign firms.

 

Correction list for hyphenation

These words serve as exceptions. Once entered, they are only hyphenated at the specified hyphenation points. Each word should be on a separate line.