Accounting Committee reviews accounting developments in Japan
15 Feb 2017
On 14 February 2017, the Accounting Committee of Japan's Business Accounting Council (BAC) held a meeting to review recent accounting developments in Japan.
Topics reviewed were:
- Recent developments around IFRSs (such as the state of use of IFRSs in Japan and Japan's experience with first-time adoption)
- Initiatives to promote further voluntary use of IFRSs in Japan
- How Japan's voice in international standard-setting can be strengthened
- Quality enhancements of Japanese GAAP
- Development of human resources in the area of international accounting
No decisions were made, but the informative presentations were made publicly available and can be downloaded from the FSA website (in the Japanese language only).