Second IFAC study on IPSAS adoption looks at Caribbean countries

  • IFAC (International Federation of Accountants) (lt gray) Image

30 Mar 2017

A new study by the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of the Caribbean (ICAC) has found that most Caribbean countries have adopted or are in the process of implementing International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) or national accounting standards based on IPSAS.

The IFAC press release notes that nearly 60% of Caribbean countries included in a recent survey have already adopted IPSAS or national accounting standards based on them, and the remaining 40% are at various stages of the implementation process.

In a similar study published earlier this week, IFAC found that while direct IPSAS and IFRS adoption remains low, most OECD country governments have adopted accrual accounting.

Please click to access the press relase and the new study on the IFAC website.

Correction list for hyphenation

These words serve as exceptions. Once entered, they are only hyphenated at the specified hyphenation points. Each word should be on a separate line.